Saturday, February 21, 2009

On leveling a warlock..inital thoughts

Good Morning Musers!
I know it's been a couple days since I last posted. For anyone who's read this blog since it's inception, you'll know that this time of year is very busy for me due to SAT season. In fact I'll be leaving soon to go do a 'rescue' tutorial (Student used other services before coming to my employer.) I hope to get back on the writing wagon next week (finger's crossed!!!)
Also you may also remember my stance on Alt's. I have a love\hate relationship with them. I strive for the Zen like purity of my friend Zorch. He has one toon, that's it no alt's not even a bank alt. If he needs to goto the AH he goes to the AH. At the same time I also find that an Alt can be liberating. With my work schedules, personal commitments, and in-game commitments an anonymous alt is a way to unwind and have fun.
Still though Alt's are an investment in time, if you spend time on an Alt you lose time you can invest on your main. Turndow is getting dusty because of this. With SAT season in full swing I don't have the spare hour to invest into his leveling. There's a part of me that's even wondering if I want to invest more time in him. He may be boxed for a while because I'm leveling a Warlock!
Yes I know I've said before I can't stand Lock's but an odd thing happened. Well not really odd. Last Friday the missus & I saw Coraline. I heartily recommend seeing this film & if you can see it in 3D. Anyway for the film adaptation, they gave her a friend name Wybie. He was dark & moody etc. but not evil. So last Sunday logging into WOW I had a scratching thought...let me see if that name is taken. Guess what it wasn't
Hence Wybie The Warlock was born! In a way he reminds me of Greathoof, the name was so good I had to level him. But Also I got it. I mean I get what makes Warlocks a tough class & a great leadership tool. The nature of the class, the need to be situational aware almost all the time and not be stressed by it is fantastic. Wybie offers me a way to train my mind, and I'm enjoying it. It's almost like Randori, you have x attackers coming at you & you need to prioritize and have on the fly strategy.
I don't expect Wybie to become my main, but I have a feeling I may actual level him to 80 because of the opportunity that the toon offers me. Not in WOW but in real life.
Until another Day
The Musing Moonkin

No comments: