Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rebuilding Turndow

One thing I've noticed about all every person I've met playing WOW is this shared common experience with their first toon. Specifically, everyone who've I chatted with about Toon #1 has the same story about how they didn't know how to play the character & how their first toon sits on a server somewhere gathering dust. First toons are like first pancakes, you screw them up & toss them aside.
My first toon, Turndow was a warrior on Gnomeregan server. I got a copy of the trial copy of wow with a copy of PC Gamer & had no idea how the game was played, I had no help from people on how to play a warrior, How to use my talents or even what was a good profession for a Warrior, I actually had turndow doing leather working\skinning since no one explained this wasn't the best choice for a warrior. I leveled Turndow to 40\41, tried some other toons on Gnomer (dwarf pally, undead rogue) then saw a Moonkin Druid & decided to switch servers, where I created Neren & made my mark, Turndow sat on gnomer & gathered digital dust.
This would've been the case with Turndow if my account hadn't been hacked due to my own stupidity, Blizz was able to recover Neren, but my toons on Gnomer had been deleted. I accepted this since I didn't have time to level Turndow, much less a desire to play him.
Then last week as we discussed 1st toons on guild vent it Hit me, Since Turndow had been deleted I could recreate him on Fenris! Since last Friday, I've put in about eight hours of leveling on him & have enjoyed it tremendously. But the issue I have is that my Time to play wow is limited & if I invest time in him, I have less time on my main. Hopefully though I'll be able to balance rebuilding him.

No comments: