Friday, March 21, 2008

Power...Unlimited Power...

Being a married man with a life means that I have to schedule my game time. I don't have the luxury of playing every day or night. This was something that I discussed with my guild master when I switched over to Utopia. With that said, I've noticed that Murphy's Law has made me it's bitch! When I've blocked out time for the 25man raids, I'm not called to battle. And when I'm logging on to do a couple dailies or grind, because of real world commitments I get invited.
I try to stay positive & appreciate when I am included in the raids. After all you only appreciate something when you don't get it all the time and I've lost track of how many conversations have been about how grateful everyone is to be included in the End game content. So even if he never reads this thanks to Fugasi & the rest of the guild council for their time & commitment.
But getting back on subject. This Tuesday we were supposed to clear the Eye up till Kael, & since I blocked out the time to raid I wasn't called(Murphy's Law you cruel tyrant!) So I decided that I had two options 1.) level my alt or 2.) Farm for the Elixir of Dream Vision. I went with # 2. Emptied out my bags, & started farming in Azshara. I spent the next 4 hours slaughtering the Blue Dragonkin that were added in patch 2.3, hoping to get an Azure Whelpling. Instead I got Kang the Decapitator, which marks the 3rd Epic World drop I've gotten since starting playing back in 2006. It's sitting on the ah now I priced it at the median per Allakhazam.
In those four hours I sent my ah bitch, 40 items for ah including Kang. I actually had to run back to Astranaar twice because of lack of bag space. When I got back to Azshara, I saw a level 60 hunter trying to farm the Dragonkin, and I watched for a few seconds, decided to buff him & his pet, & proceeded to slaughter all the Dragonkin. Then it hit me, for the first time I felt more powerful than someone else. Here he was trying to take down one elite, while I had just killed eight of them not in Moonkin form. I had never felt this before in game, because I always tempered my progression to appropriate levels. I never went back to old world content, & when I farmed Azshara for my elixir drop, I never saw anyone else there unless maybe a level 70 farming for the dragon pet.
I hate to admit it but it felt good. I can see now why Power can be addictive. I sure don't hope I goto the dark side!

No comments: