Monday, February 4, 2008

A coincidence...I don't think so!

As I've posted previously I work two jobs, full time I'm an IT Geek who works in mobile tech (one of my guildies was happy to find this out since I helped him w his real world quest for a cell phone management solution!) & on the Weekends I drive around Rockland\Westchester county teaching SAT Prep. Not that the SAT season is in full swing. My wow playing time is cut down to about 10-15 hours a week. For the average video game player this might seem like a bit but for anyone who plays wow, this translates to about an hour a day (checking auctions, doing 1/2 daily quests, herbing, farming motes for primals etc.) Some weeknights I might make a guild run, but I usually have to block it way in advance.
So Sunday Night after tutoring in the morning & teaching during the afternoon. I sat down exhausted to watch the giants\patriots game. I punched into WOW figuring well I can at least farm or make a chunk of gold doing a slew of dailies. The Netherwing give you the most gold but I prefer the Ogrila\Cooking quests (They require less mental effort esp cooking since it's either A.) Skettis B.) Ogrila or C.) Eco Dome Mid-Realm D.) Ancestor Grounds in Nagrand.) Instead I ended up leading a pug run through heroic Auchenai Crypts. So as my local team battled the heavily favored Patriots, My pug group consisting a frost mage decked in blues & greens, a shadow priest, a holy priest & a arms\prot warrior plowed through the crypts & didn't reach our first wipe until after the first 4 pulls. This alone is a major accomplishment since many heroic crypt runs end at the first pull, with five players Around the same time the giants won the super bowl we were standing over the corpse of Exarch Maladaar just as the Giants won the game.
Most end game groups will not take on crypts because of the difficulty of the first room & the additional mobs, but we kept our cool, burned the adds down & kept the communication channel open. Being the leader made it difficult to keep the dps going, but I quickly learned to just mark & let my group preform their roles.
It also helped that the person who should've lead kept giving me advice from time to time. He also encouraged me when I wanted to give him leader, and he helped me convince the tank to keep going since he never had tanked in Heroic Crypts before & didn't have a frame of reference to how difficult the crypt run can be without the right group cohesion.
So Giants win, We Cleared Crypts. I got myself a nice Potent Fire Opal to go into my Armwraps of the Kaledori Protector, but lost the need roll for the Sash of Arcane Visions to the Blue\Green frost mage, (but really she need the boost in gear IMHO.) For a long time I fought leadership, until it was thrust onto me, Now I'll accept the responsibility & the perks!

No comments: