Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Who Let the Alt Out???

So for anyone who knows me on Fenris, I have my main & then I have my main. I'm not known for having lots of alts of different levels\progression etc. Because I don't have the time & I don't like the concepts of alts in general. I find that most players have their play style & the alt is usually just a variation of that play style. Although I do see players w dual nature (Main is Tank alt is a healer is a good example.) There are those who have alts as a way to boast or brag (I have 3 level 70's two are kara key'd etc.) But for those of us who have lives we can't do the alt thing. As my friend Zorch says I have Zorch & that's it.
This brings me to Peda my elemental shaman. I started him back in may of last year when I was very busy @ the office & couldn't commit to raiding on my main. I leveled him to about 27, then he became my ah lackey. He just sat in the Exodar & anything Neren got went right to him, I viewed it as just being time efficient etc. He was originally enhance spec, but I was told by other shaman's that if enhancement didn't suit me try elemental & if that didn't work well u don't like the class
So from May of last year until Monday Night he sat @ level 27 doing my ah bidding...
And then for some reason that I can't explain on Monday night I decided to take him out of cold storage, & within about 15 minutes he was level 28, & then Tuesday Morning before work I took him out again & now he's almost 29.
I figured out that I like the class I just needed to setup my interface to make separate the abilities better. Playing a balance druid this isn't a problem since my DPS is based of three spells. & if I have to off heal (which comes up from time to time.) I shift out drop a couple hots & then shift back to moonkin form.
But this taught me something, I was attempting to level Turndow again to make up for my mistakes that I made as a Noob. & I realized that I can't undo those mistakes. I made them & that's cool. So I'm deleting Turndow this morning. He was a good toon & I learned a lot but I'm not that person, I can lead & not be the tank.

No comments: